My name is George, Welcome to the site, This Website was started for the love of food, cooking and eating, finding new places to explore all over Long Island and New York, I want people to read the great things there are in cooking and exploring different cultures that we have all over Long Island, we will bring you recipes to try, food and drinks, restaurant reviews and events, videos of the places we go and see, foods we eat, just a lot of fun, I started my journey in cooking at a young age watching my grandma Wright and my mom cook all kinds of foods the old ways back then there wasn’t any microwaves everything was from scratch. As i got out of school i landed a great job with chef Andy Whitcomb at a cafeteria they used to run in Bethpage I started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder learning all i could along the way till one day i became the head chef, I was cooking for 500 people a day it was great for a few years then i went to work for The Skyline princess a cruise ship that did tours and weddings i became in time the commander and kitchen manager there for a few years till i got burnt out from 20 hour days. from there i went into catering with chef Frank Sullivan a great guy but a lonely man lol sorry Frank. ( a little inside joke). After a few years there i wanted to experience what a real working kitchen was like with making food to order so i signed on with Frank pignataro at E.B. ELLIOT’S in Freeport was a great experience but the three floors i had to climb up each day for prep work and bringing supplies up and down wore my knees out with my weight, so now i work with my wife Ailyn the boss at George Parsons Roofing and Siding in Franklin Square, but i still cook almost everyday for me and my wife i wont stop i love it.
- Spiced Peaches n’ Cream Bread PuddingSometimes I will pick up an extra loaf of bread when I am out shopping for groceries. I know at the time that it is slightly more bread than I need to have on hand – even if I’m planning to make a lot of sandwiches – but I do it anyway because I know ...
- Spice-Rubbed Grilled Tri Tip with Watermelon SalsaDuring the summer, I like to grill and eat outside as much as possible. It’s always nice to be outside on a warm evening with friends, family and good food. This weekend is Labor Day weekend, and that generally serves as the unofficial end of the summer grilling season. I keep grilling just about year ...
- Low-Fat Recipes: Sweet and Spicy Grilled Shrimp4.62 / 5 Stars | 12 Reviews by TheGoddessGiGi "Basting shrimp on the grill with a sauce made with honey and chile-garlic sauce delivers flavorful results." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- Low-Calorie Recipes: Best Beef and Broccoli4.24 / 5 Stars | 158 Reviews by LG6191972 "Sliced round steak is simmered with onions and broccoli in a broccoli soup and soy sauce mixture. Great over rice or egg noodles" View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- Geopolitics hit Naturex first half resultsFrench botanicals giant Naturex said first half results had been dented by a difficult macroeconomic environment and exchange rates, despite restructuring and acquisition moves.
- 10,000 new food and drink jobs on cards, says Bank of ScotlandInvestment and growth in Scotland’s food and drink sector will see around 10,000 new jobs created in the region, according to a Bank of Scotland report just a month before the region is set to vote on independence from Britain.
- Eater Heatmaps: 30 Hot New Burgers For Labor Day Weekend
- Eaterwire: Richard Blais on Food Network; Napa Earthquake Relief
- FoodMaster Wire: The New York Times profiles the...
- idk: This Crazy Lady Went on an All-Emoji Diet
- Recalls: Kraft Recalls Singles Just In Time to Ruin Holiday
- The Shutter: Poppy Den, the Vegas-based Asian-fusion restaurant...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
If you like the events and recipes i bring to you each week please help with the cost of the website, if everyone that visits donated just $1.00 it would mean the world to the site and help it grow in time, let me say thank you in advance for your support and visit.