My name is George, Welcome to the site, This Website was started for the love of food, cooking and eating, finding new places to explore all over Long Island and New York, I want people to read the great things there are in cooking and exploring different cultures that we have all over Long Island, we will bring you recipes to try, food and drinks, restaurant reviews and events, videos of the places we go and see, foods we eat, just a lot of fun, I started my journey in cooking at a young age watching my grandma Wright and my mom cook all kinds of foods the old ways back then there wasn’t any microwaves everything was from scratch. As i got out of school i landed a great job with chef Andy Whitcomb at a cafeteria they used to run in Bethpage I started at the bottom and worked my way up the ladder learning all i could along the way till one day i became the head chef, I was cooking for 500 people a day it was great for a few years then i went to work for The Skyline princess a cruise ship that did tours and weddings i became in time the commander and kitchen manager there for a few years till i got burnt out from 20 hour days. from there i went into catering with chef Frank Sullivan a great guy but a lonely man lol sorry Frank. ( a little inside joke). After a few years there i wanted to experience what a real working kitchen was like with making food to order so i signed on with Frank pignataro at E.B. ELLIOT’S in Freeport was a great experience but the three floors i had to climb up each day for prep work and bringing supplies up and down wore my knees out with my weight, so now i work with my wife Ailyn the boss at George Parsons Roofing and Siding in Franklin Square, but i still cook almost everyday for me and my wife i wont stop i love it.
- Zoku Fish Pop MoldsZoku is known for their quick pop makers, which allow you to make popsicles in as little as two minutes if you have pre-chilled the base. The gadget is fun to use, but traditional popsicle molds are even easier because they require less hands-on time, even if you do have to wait for the pops ...
- Greek Yogurt Lemon Poppyseed Loaf CakeGreek yogurt can be a great ingredient to use in baking. Like buttermilk and sour cream, it adds a subtle tang to baked goods and helps to keep them both moist and tender. I also often eat it for breakfast with fruit and granola, use it to make homemade frozen yogurt and for making other ...
- Low-Fat Recipes: Easy Herb Rice4.44 / 5 Stars | 9 Reviews by tina122372 "Dress up your rice with a variety of herbs and beef broth for a flavorful side dish." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- Low-Calorie Recipes: Rachel's Cream Cheese Fruit Salad4.42 / 5 Stars | 58 Reviews by Rachel Lewis "This is a wonderful summer salad because it takes advantage of all the fresh fruit at the market, and because it has a glorious dressing made from strawberry flavored cream cheese, brown sugar vanilla and cinnamon." View Complete Recipe Details and Reviews
- FoodNavigator-USA is hiring!Do you understand the implications of POM vs Coke? Are you excited by innovation and entrepreneurs? And could you produce articles to match our award-winning content? If yes, we want to hear from you!
- Sports Nutrition 2014 delivers business ammunitionIt’s free, jammed full of sports nutrition sector insights – and it’s just days away: Sports Nutrition 2014 .
- Scientists Seek to Determine the Best Cheese to Put on Your Pizza
- Bologna the Beautiful
- Day-Off Desserts for Labor Day — Summer Soiree
- Caption It: Rachael vs. Guy: Kids Cook-Off Gets Sandwiched
- This Patriotic Grill is a Monster of Form and Function
- The 10 Best Comeback Foods (and the Chefs Who Love Them)
- idk: Breaking: Courtney Love Admits to Cheese Addiction
- idk: This Disney Cronut Is the Saddest Cronut
- Labor Pains: 40 Percent of Restaurant Workers Live in Poverty
- Chipotle Wire: The Street interviews Chipotle co-CEO Monty...
- Video Interlude : Watch Jimmy Kimmel Grill Meat With Adam Perry Lang
- The Critics: The Washington Post's chief restaurant critic...
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
If you like the events and recipes i bring to you each week please help with the cost of the website, if everyone that visits donated just $1.00 it would mean the world to the site and help it grow in time, let me say thank you in advance for your support and visit.